WE ARE RUNNING SUMMER CAMPS IN 2021
DEAR PARENTS, Cedar Springs has been given guidance on how to run summer camps in 2021. despite all government funded programs being closed, we will be allowed to be open under specific protocols. Those protocols are below. The safety of everyone in our community is of the utmost importance.
Be Safe - Rob Bradaric, President
Summer Camp - COVID Protocols
We are excited to announce that we will be running camps this summer. The health and safety of our campers and staff is our main priority. Therefore, this summer camps will look a little different to fit the recommendations of public health, while continuing to strive to offer an enjoyable camp experience for all.
Drop Off Procedures
Last names from A – L, you will be dropping off and picking up in the parking lot ACROSS the street from the club entrance (use the 2nd entrance on your right, travelling North on Cumberland towards the South Service Road). The 2nd entrance on your right will act as the entrance, while the 1st entrance on your right will act as an exit.
Last names from M – Z, you will be dropping off and picking up in the front of the club parking lot, main entrance.
For DROP OFF both groups, please pull into your parking lot entrance where a staff member will greet you to take the child's temperature, then you will pull up to the next station where you will be completing a symptom check. The final station is where you will provide your parent PIN number, and the child will exit the car and be brought to their group by a runner.
For PICK UP both groups, please pull up to the parking lot entrance where a staff member will ask you for your parent PIN number. Once you provide your PIN, you will then be asked to pull into a parking spot with an assigned number. Your child will be brought out to your vehicle by a runner. Please remain in your vehicle while you wait for your child.
We ask that you please drive with EXTREME CAUTION as there will be many children crossing the roads, in parking lots and getting in and out of vehicles.
We understand that these times might present a challenge for some, therefore we are willing to make exceptions. If you know that the dedicated time for your campers group will be difficult to make, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Groups will continue to be divided by age with Primary (4,5), Junior (6-8), and Intermediate (9-12)
- Every group will act as a cohort and will have a maximum of 10 people staff and children included. For primaries there will be 8 children with 2 staff, in our juniors we will have 8 children and 2 staff, and with our intermediates we will have 9 campers with 1 staff member. Group members, and groups will not mix with each other.
Group Space and Shared Spaces
- All groups will have their own designated space and there will be no sharing of lunchrooms or break rooms, every room will have sufficient space for children and staff to be spread out 2m apart from one another.
- Visual cues including markings in their rooms and arrows in the hallways will be in place to encourage physical distancing.
- Any shared space such as the bathrooms, change rooms, gym, pool, playground and outside locations will be cleaned and disinfected between every group, as well as at the start and end of every camp day.
- Frequently touched surfaces including but not limited to door handles, railings, and light switches will be cleaned before and after camp as well as at least twice during the day.
- Every group will receive their own equipment such as balls, and craft supplies. This equipment will be sanitized and disinfected before camp, at lunch time, and at the end of the day.
- Any piece of equipment that must be shared between groups will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every group's usage.
We will not be permitting anyone staff or campers to join camps if they have any symptoms even those in which resemble a minor cold. Our policy is a zero symptom policy for all COVID-19 symptoms listed from the health ministry of Ontario can be found: http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/2019_reference_doc_symptoms.pdf
- We will have parents answering an assessment in regard to their child’s health, and we will be taking children’s temperatures daily.
- In the event a child develops symptoms at camp they will be required to get picked up immediately and isolated from the rest of the group.
- Staff will need to do the same daily symptom checks and temperature checks before beginning every shift.
- They will need to have completed training specifically in regard to COVID-19, in addition to their normal camp training.
- When serving food, and in activities where 2m of distance is not available staff will be wearing appropriate PPE including but not limited to, masks, face shields, and gloves.
Hand washing and sanitation
- Children and staff will be required to wash their hands between all activities, before and after eating, and after using the washrooms.
Everyone here at Cedar Springs has been working hard to meet all guidelines from public health, and our local public office to make sure camp is as safe as possible while continuing to provide a fun and memorable experience for all children, and we are excited to provide camps this summer. If you have any further questions or concerns around your children attending summer camp here at Cedar Springs this summer don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling the club at (905) 632-4800.
- If a cancellation is received 30 days or more prior to the start date of the camp session you will be fully refunded. For cancellations received 15-29 days prior to the start of the session, refunds will be subject to a $50 + HST administration fee, per camper, per week. Any cancellations made 14 days or less before the start date of camp, would be fully non-refundable, unless accompanied by a medical certificate at which time we will extend a credit for to be used at a later date within the 2021 summer camp season.
- Cedar Springs reserves the right to cancel a session of camp if unforeseen circumstances occur. In these situations we would offer an alternate week or issue you a full refund.
Our summer camps are the same great fitness offerings as our sports camps, but tailored specifically to provide focused sports instruction during the summer months.
Registration is now OPEN! Contact the club directly or fill out the form below
Summer Camps are upon us. Cedar Springs has some great activities planned for your kids while you work. Being the top racquet sport facility in Burlington, we offer expert training in all racquet sports available at our camps including tennis, squash, and badminton not to mention our indoor/outdoor waterpark.
We can't wait to see you there!
PRIMARY, JUNIOR & INTERMEDIATE SUMMER SPORTS CAMP - (AGES 4 - 12) 7:45 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
PRIMARY (4-5 yrs. old) & JUNIOR "A" (5 - 8 yrs. old)
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE TIME TABLE AND ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
7:45-8:30 - Free Play in Gym
8:30 - 9:15 - Racquetball/Squash
9:15 - 9:45 - Yoga/Hip Hop/Arts and Crafts/Organized Games
9:45 - 10:00 - Snack
10:00 - 11:00 - Tennis
11:00 - 11:45 - Lunch
12:00 - 2:30 - Swim
2:15-2:30 - Snack
2:45-3:45 - Golf/Badminton/Science/Bouncy Castle
3:45 - 4:00 - Pick Up (in corresponding rooms)
INTERMEDIATE (9 - 12 yrs. old)
7:45 - 8:15 - Meet & Greet
8:15 - 8:30 - Morning Stretch
8:30 - 9:00 - Free Play in Gym
9:00 - 10:00 - Fitness
10:00 - 11:00 - Tennis/Activity
11:00 - 11:15 - Nutrition Break (provided)
11:15 - 12:15 - Squash/Rball/Badminton
12:15 - 12:45 - Lunch (provided)
12:45 - 1:00 - Quiet Time
1:00 - 1:40 - Tennis
1:40 - 3:15 - Swimming
3:15 - 3:30 - Nutrition Break
3:30 - 4:00 - Team Sport
After Care is available from 4pm - 6pm
Online registration closes at 5 pm the day before. Please call front desk if unable to register. 905 632 4800.
What to bring: Swim suit, swim shoes, water bottle, and active clothes.